Sunday, June 27, 2010

Rumble or Party?

I was walking around today when I saw a motorcycle vroom down the street (vroom is now a verb). I thought it was just a motorcyclist, but then more followed him, and more, and more. About 3 minutes worth of motorcyclists (if you actually stop and count three minutes out, you'll realize it's a long time). My friends and I clapped and shouted, and a few of the cyclists did some tricks (like rode on only their back wheels). I like to think they were doing it for us. After it all ended, there was a surge of pedestrians and cars and buses that had piled up around an intersection waiting for the motorcyclists to pass. A few cars didn't even bother to wait, though. Let me tell you, it's hilarious when among hard-core looking motorcyclists, you see one black little mini van driving intently.

Does anybody know what that was about? Was it a rumble? Hells Angels? I like to think it was a party. With pink balloons. And cake. Ahh, memories.

No comments: