Wednesday, March 11, 2009

hello, gorgous and how do you plan on wearing your hair today? Bald or with a book on top?

I am sorry for my last chain of nonstistant blogs. The reason it is taking so long is that I have 3 really good posts in the process and they take a LONG time to do! Anyway, I thought I owed you an update about why I haven't been blogging. The posts should be up this weekend, tho! But before I go to bed, I want to say one thing. Adolescence is like learning how to walk. When you fall, it hurts. You cry, but you can see the adults walking, and you learn. Slowly, but shourly. When you fall and you curl up and cry and your friends and family help you up, and you start off tentatively at first, scared you'll fall again. Then you gain speed, do something rash and bold, and it works and your at full speed, and you fall. When I told my mom that theory she said it was morbid. But it's not. It's a goal, to learn how to walk, to learn how to be a good person. Sure, the adults fall now and again, everyone does, but we're more sure then, and we can pick ourselves up on our own, and stand tall. We still have fears insecurities, but we know we can overcome them, it's actual a happy thing. I got the idea from this post from a Sisterhood of the traveling pants book by Anne Brashares. It says

"Bee sprinted along in a torrent of activity, but once and a while something expectant slammed her hard. It left Bee uncertain. She fretted. She wasn't good at putting herself back together. Bridget was like a toddler sometimes. She grasped for power., she demanded it. But when she got her way, she was left only with herself, and that terrified her."

No comments: