Friday, December 19, 2008

In all your free time

I know you can sometimes always wish you had more free time, but when you actually get it, many of us sit and surf the web mindlessly and not actually do anything that really interests even US! So here are some hobbies you should do (Or learn and then do) in your free time.

1. Knit. I've found that these come in cycles. For example 4 months you knit everyday, 6 months you don't touch it, 5 months you knit once a week... So start to learn when you have a good amount of free time.

2. Sew.  (Now knitting and sewing are kind of old-fashioned. The reason I'm suggesting it is because now a-days people mostly only use their hands for typing. Knitting and sewing is some new, and fun, exercises for your hands. Who knows maybe in the future if you have knitted or sewed as a tween or teen you will have better use of your hands.)         

3. Get a membership to your closest YMCA and go swimming or play a game. (They have a really cool kids room, for kids and it has the coolest games!)

4. Take a class that has always interesting you. (For example I'm 99 percent sure that I'm going to take a fencing class! And when I took pottery I loved it! You can take really exotic classes like perfume making!)

5. Read a good book. 

6. Actually meet with your friends. (Not IM, e-mail, or talk on the phone with)

7. Start a blog yourself. You can make a blog or a sight, that you DON'T have to pay for. (try wetpaint.com, or blogspot.com)

Yeah, I know some of these things are kind of no-brainers, but it is still a good thing to try! 

No comments: