Thursday, January 22, 2009

"Can I just eat my waffle?"

Well, that top quote was said by Obama. As you can see we have moved from funny Bush quotes to funny Obama quotes. Funny Obama quotes will be MUCH harder to find, since Obama rarely slips up, if at all. I mean these are supposedly funny Obama quotes. I mean they ARE Funny, just compare them to some funny bush quotes. Basically aside from the fact that I don't know where to get funny Obama quotes, I am really happy about Obama being our 44th president! I think that he may be able to patch up America. However I want to talk about his speech. While it was empowering and interesting, and thoughtful it was also a politalk. I made that word up myself. A politalk is when you are in politics and you are making a speech and you have 4 points to make, and you spend 20 minutes making them. You use large words, talk in circles and go off on random byroads. I understand WHY they do they do this, but it was slightly disappointing to hear Obama make one. I thought he might try  a new type of speech. Nevertheless he conducted himself well. Did you know that when "he" slightly stumbled on the presidential oath, that was because the man reading it to him (Roberts) was saying it wrong? Yeah, actually he was just going along with what he said because he is gracious, but he was understandably confuseed at being read the wrong oath. He re-took it today. Anyway I would like to quote my favorite part of the inauguration

When black will not be asked to get back
Where Brown can stick around
When Yellow will be mellow
When the red man can get ahead, man
And when white will embrace what is right.

I got that from this site. Although Rev Lowery said it. Empowering.

No comments: